Shop    |  Site map    |  Contact   
 
Maritime
Companies
Database
3698 addresses
 
Log in
 
List of the ships mooring at all main Polish portsList of the ships mooring at all main Polish ports
Historical record of ships mooring at the Polish portsHistorical record of ships mooring at the Polish ports
General conditionsGeneral conditions
Port regulations
Deep sea pilotage
Radio communication
Maritime Emergency
 
Main Ports
GDANSK
GDYNIA
SWINOUJSCIE
SZCZECIN
Average ports
DARLOWO
ELBLAG
HEL
KOLOBRZEG
LEBA
POLICE
USTKA
WLADYSLAWOWO
Marines
CHALUPY
CHLAPOWO
CHLOPY
DABKI
DEBKI
DZIWNOW
DZWIRZYNO
FROMBORK
GORKI WSCHODNIE
GORKI ZACHODNIE
JANTAR
JAROSLAWIEC
JASTARNIA
JELITKOWO
KAMIEN POMORSKI
KAMIENICA ELBLASKA
KARSIBOR
KARWIA
KATY RYBACKIE
KRYNICA MORSKA
KUZNICA
LUBIN
MECHELINKI
MIEDZYZDROJE
MRZEZYNO
NIECHORZE
NOWA PASLEKA
NOWE WARPNO
OBLUZE
OKSYWIE
ORLOWO
PIASKI
PUCK
REWA
REWAL
ROWY
SOPOT
STEGNA
STEPNICA
SUCHACZ
SWARZEWO
SWIBNO
SZTUTOWO
TOLKMICKO
TRZEBIEZ
UNIESCIE
USTRONIE MORSKIE
WOLIN
 

  Polish Ports - WOLIN

WOLIN

53°51' N

14°37' E

STATISTICS ON VESSELS TRAFFIC


Local commune administration authority
WOLIN TOWN AND COMMUNE COUNCIL
72-500 Wolin, ul. Zamkowa 23
tel.: (091) 3261322, fax: 3261333
Chief of local authority
Mayor BOGDAN WILKOWSKI
Controlling maritime authority
WOLIN BOATSWAIN'S OFFICE
ul. Niedamira 1
72-500 Wolin
Contact of maritime authority
Dock Master
Zdzisław Łukaszewicz
tel.: (091) 3261114, fax: 3261809
Harbour radio
VHF Channel 16
Navigational aids:
The port approaching fairway leads from Brama Torowa No. 3 about 1 3/4 miles ENE leading line. Thence N, keeping close to the W bank of Dziwna River, to the wharf at Wolin.
Quayage and berthing facilities
Port infrastructure consists of fishing, reloading and grain quays. Total length of the quays 467 meters. Depth at the quays is 3 meters. A concrete wharf, 150m long, with depths alongside of 3 to 4m, extends along the west bank. South of the road bridge, there is a fishing harbour.
General facilities
Fuel Available
Water Available
Slipping Slip for fishing boats
Stevedoring Not available
Fisheries facilities
Ice Ice production plant capacity of 10 tonnes per day
Cold storage capacity Available in Świnoujście
Chilling storage capacity Available for 10 tonnes of chilled fish
Frozen fish transport Available for chilled fish
Types and size of fishing fleet
21 fishing boats (length of 7 to 10m) and average engine power of 28 to 55 HP.
Types of fish landed (in tonnes) (1995)
Roach 220.2
Perch 100.2
Bream 25.3
Pike-perch 22.9
Eel 4.3
Total 372.9
Nearest airport:
Goleniów, approx. 50km
General information:
Wolin is one of the oldest Slavonic towns, ancient Legendary Wineta of Jamsborg (a military base of the Vikings), situated on the south eastern edge of Wolin Island, on the Dziwna River. The population of the town is about 4000. Wolin was one of the most flourishing towns in early Medieval Europe. It was described in the chronicle of the most illustrious merchant and traveller of his times, Ibrahim ibn Jakub. In its day Wolin walls had as many as 12 gates. Port could harbour 300 vessels and traded with England, Spain, Byzantium and the Ruthenian Nowogrod. In Wolin have excavated 10th century Persian coins and Egyptian beads.
In 967 Polish Ruler Mieszko I incorporated Wolin into Poland and the town be-came the most important trade centre on the Baltic coast. In the 11th century it was destroyed by the Danes' invasion. In 1140 the Polish Bishopric was established there. In 1278 Wolin was granted its municipal charter. In the 14th century it became a member of the Hanseatic League. In 1630 Wolin was occupied by the Swedes. Since 1720 it belonged to Prussia. During the Second World War the town was 70% destroyed. It was liberated in the beginning of May 1945.
Some of the interesting places, are the tenement houses from the 18th - 19th century, neo-Gothic townhall from 1813, ruins of St Nicholas' church from the 15th century and an old Slavonic burial ground from the 9th - 11th century.
At present Wolin stands on the west bank of the Dziwna River and has a fishing harbour and wharves of passenger traffic and yachts.
A road lift bridge, which opens and the railway swing bridge north of it connects the town with the east bank. Between the bridges is a grain elevator and in the town is a sawmill. In 1975, another railway bridge was constructed north of the existing bridge.
The railway swing bridge, which has an opening 12.5m in width, is closed before the departure of a train, and opened after it has passed. Vessels passing the bridge must use the opening on the right of the direction of travel.
The fishing harbour after reconstruction extends to the west bank of the Dziwna River, south of the road bridge. The harbour has good fishing infrastructure, facilities and 133m of quage space is available for fishing boats and barges. The quay 58m in lenght offering space for yachts visiting the port.

 
© LINK S.J. 1993 - 2019 info@maritime.com.pl