Shop    |  Site map    |  Contact   
 
Maritime
Companies
Database
3698 addresses
 
Log in
 
List of the ships mooring at all main Polish portsList of the ships mooring at all main Polish ports
Historical record of ships mooring at the Polish portsHistorical record of ships mooring at the Polish ports
General conditionsGeneral conditions
Port regulations
Deep sea pilotage
Radio communication
Maritime Emergency
 
Main Ports
GDANSK
GDYNIA
SWINOUJSCIE
SZCZECIN
Average ports
DARLOWO
ELBLAG
HEL
KOLOBRZEG
LEBA
POLICE
USTKA
WLADYSLAWOWO
Marines
CHALUPY
CHLAPOWO
CHLOPY
DABKI
DEBKI
DZIWNOW
DZWIRZYNO
FROMBORK
GORKI WSCHODNIE
GORKI ZACHODNIE
JANTAR
JAROSLAWIEC
JASTARNIA
JELITKOWO
KAMIEN POMORSKI
KAMIENICA ELBLASKA
KARSIBOR
KARWIA
KATY RYBACKIE
KRYNICA MORSKA
KUZNICA
LUBIN
MECHELINKI
MIEDZYZDROJE
MRZEZYNO
NIECHORZE
NOWA PASLEKA
NOWE WARPNO
OBLUZE
OKSYWIE
ORLOWO
PIASKI
PUCK
REWA
REWAL
ROWY
SOPOT
STEGNA
STEPNICA
SUCHACZ
SWARZEWO
SWIBNO
SZTUTOWO
TOLKMICKO
TRZEBIEZ
UNIESCIE
USTRONIE MORSKIE
WOLIN
 

  Polish Ports - JASTARNIA

JASTARNIA

54°42' N

18°41' E

STATISTICS ON VESSELS TRAFFIC


Local commune administration authority
JASTARNIA TOWN AND COMMUNE COUNCIL
84-140 Jastarnia, ul. Portowa 4
tel.: (058) 6752271, fax: 6752176
Chief of local authority
Mayor Tyberiusz Narkowicz
Controlling maritime authority
JASTARNIA BOATSWAIN'S OFFICE
ul. Portowa 26
84-140 Jastarnia
Contact of maritime authority
Dock Master
tel.: (058) 6752013
Harbour radio
VHF Channel 16 and 12
Navigational aids:
Jastarnia Church, with a square tower and cupola standing 11 miles SE of Władysławowo Jastarnia Light (white round tower, red bands and cupola, 13m in height, horn fog signal) is exhibited about 4 cables SE of Jastarnia Church. The appro-ach to the harbour from the Light-buoy (red and white bands, contopmark, radar - reflector) moored 2.5 miles S of Jastarnia Light.
Quayage and berthing facilities
The harbour from the side of Puck Bay is entered between two breakwaters, the western one is 200m long and the eastern one is 80m long, protecting the south facing 60m wide entrance with depths of 4.5 to 5.0m.
There is one basin with depths of 3.5 to 5.0m, which has concrete wharfage: the first quay from the east side, with a length of 310 m, and the second one from the west side with the length of 300m. On the north side there is passenger ferry pier, 50m in length. The eastern part of the harbour has a concrete quay used by sport boats. From the side of the open sea there is beach fishing harbour 100m long, where boats are launched and retrieved with an electric winch.
General facilities
Fuel Available.
Water Available in quayside.
Slipping A shipyard is located in western side of the harbour. There is slipway for fishing cutters.
Stevedoring Fresh fish stevedoring estimated at 5000t annually and daylong fish unloading at 200t.
Fisheries facilities
Ice Production ice plant capacity of 25t per day.
Cold storage capacity Available in Władysławowo.
Chilling storage capacity Chilling rooms for 50t of fish.
Frozen fish transport Available for chilled fish.
Types and size of fishing fleet
24 cutters:
22 cutters (17-19m)
1 cutter (24m)
1 cutter (16m)
13 from above - mentianed cutters have conducted also fishing for salmon and other salmonids.
46 fishing boats (length of 8 to 12m) and average engine power of 50 HP.
Types of fish landed (in tonnes) (1995)
CUTTERS:
Herring 936.2
Cod 479.3
Flounder 269.0
Sprat 91.8
Salmon 48.3
Salmon-trout 12.8
Turbot 4.8
Rainbow-trout 4.3
Others 148.3
Total 1994.8
FISHING BOATS:
Flounder 61.0
Cod 55.3
Herring 23.0
Sprat 12.4
Salmon-trout 3.8
Eel 2.8
Turbot 1.9
Burbot 1.7
Garfish 0.8
Salmon 0.7
Perch 0.6
Rainbow-trout 0.5
Pike-perch 0.2
Others 1.9
Total 166.6
Nearest airport:
Rębiechowo, approx. 80km
General information:
Jastarnia is a fishing harbour and one of the most popular seaside resorts. The population is about 4,000. The port fishing harbour is placed on the Hel Peninsula from Puck Bay side. Jastarnia is an old Kasubian village first mentioned in a document dated 1378. The wooden church was founded in 1750. This time village had 91 fishermen's cottages with 485 inhabitants.
Jastarnia has been rebuilt and extended between World Wars I and II by the Republic of Poland. The fishing harbour was built between 1926 and 1928. By that time it was a port for fishing, sailing and tourism. The harbour was modernised in 1966. There is a signed and dredged water line (with depth of 4.5 and 5.0m), leading to the harbour. A special dredging equipment base, for nourishment of the outer side of Hel Peninsula, is located in the harbour. This is the first Polish harbour managed by local authorities. There is a lighthouse built in 1950. Jastarnia obtained town status as recent as 1973.
There are several protected fish spawning areas, in Bay of Puck, on the western side of the bay. Fishing is prohibited from mid April to mid July annually.
The only beach fishing harbour is situated from the side open to the Baltic Sea. There is beach slip way and simple fishing facilities. The beach harbour is connected by road with the town.
The bulk of the fish landed goes to the various merchants in the port, who either sell the fish to retailers, or process the fish on the spot.

 
© LINK S.J. 1993 - 2019 info@maritime.com.pl