Shop    |  Site map    |  Contact   
 
Maritime
Companies
Database
3698 addresses
 
Log in
 
List of the ships mooring at all main Polish portsList of the ships mooring at all main Polish ports
Historical record of ships mooring at the Polish portsHistorical record of ships mooring at the Polish ports
General conditionsGeneral conditions
Port regulations
Deep sea pilotage
Radio communication
Maritime Emergency
 
Main Ports
GDANSK
GDYNIA
SWINOUJSCIE
SZCZECIN
Average ports
DARLOWO
ELBLAG
HEL
KOLOBRZEG
LEBA
POLICE
USTKA
WLADYSLAWOWO
Marines
CHALUPY
CHLAPOWO
CHLOPY
DABKI
DEBKI
DZIWNOW
DZWIRZYNO
FROMBORK
GORKI WSCHODNIE
GORKI ZACHODNIE
JANTAR
JAROSLAWIEC
JASTARNIA
JELITKOWO
KAMIEN POMORSKI
KAMIENICA ELBLASKA
KARSIBOR
KARWIA
KATY RYBACKIE
KRYNICA MORSKA
KUZNICA
LUBIN
MECHELINKI
MIEDZYZDROJE
MRZEZYNO
NIECHORZE
NOWA PASLEKA
NOWE WARPNO
OBLUZE
OKSYWIE
ORLOWO
PIASKI
PUCK
REWA
REWAL
ROWY
SOPOT
STEGNA
STEPNICA
SUCHACZ
SWARZEWO
SWIBNO
SZTUTOWO
TOLKMICKO
TRZEBIEZ
UNIESCIE
USTRONIE MORSKIE
WOLIN
 

  Polish Ports - FROMBORK

FROMBORK

54°21' N

19°40' E

STATISTICS ON VESSELS TRAFFIC


Local commune administration authority
FROMBORK TOWN AND COMMUNE COUNCIL
14-530 Frombork, ul. Młynarska 5a
tel.: (055) 2437203, fax: 2437204
Chief of local authority
Mayor Krystyna Lewańska
Controlling maritime authority
FROMBORK
BOATSWAIN'S OFFICE
ul. Portowa 2
14-530 Frombork
Contact of maritime authority
Harbour Boatswain
Romuald Jachimowicz
tel. (055) 2437219
Harbour radio
VHF Channel 16
Navigational aids:
The old harbour of Frombork is located in the southern part of Vistula Lagoon. Frombork Cathedral is standing on a hill E of the port is a conspicuous landmark which can be seen from some distance. Frombork Leading Lights lead from FRO Light-buoy through the approach fairway to the harbour entrance.
Quayage and berthing facilities
The harbour basin is shielded by two moles: the western mole with length of 140m and the eastern one with length of 63m. The approach fairway, the harbour entrance and basin are dredged to a depth of 2.0m, due to existence of shoaling.
General facilities
Fuel Available.
Water Available.
Slipping There is slipway for fishing boats.
Stevedoring Available for live and wet fish.
Fisheries facilities
Ice Production unite, capacity of 10t.
Cold storage capacity Not available.
Chilling storage capacity Room for 20t of chilled fish.
Frozen fish transport Not available.
Types and size of fishing fleet
16 fishing boats, mainly steel with average length of 8.3m and engine power of 49 to 82 HP
Types of fish landed (in tonnes) (1995)
VISTULA LAGOON
Herring 253.6
Eel 21.6
Pike-perch 20.5
Sabrefish 4.2
Perch 2.6
Bream 2.4
Roach 1.4
Lamprey 1.1
Others 0.1
Total 307.5
Nearest airport:
Rębiechowo, approx. 115km
Other info:
Substantial part of caught eel has been exported to the West-European countries as an alive fish.
General information:
Frombork a fishing port lies at the mouth of Strużyna River, the southern arm of Bauda River, about 4.5 miles southwest of Nowa Pasłęka. In the early Middle Ages a stronghold of the Warmian tribe stood here, but towards the end of the 13th century a wooden cathe-dral of the Warmian bishops and a castle was built on the site of the former stronghold. The first written record of the castle dates from 1278. The church and the castle stood on a high lagoon bank and below them a settlement grew up, which in 1310 became a municipality. Teutonic Knights were plundering Frombork in 1454, when the chapter accepted Polish rule. In 1497 the famous Polish astronomer Nicolas Copernicus became a member of the Frombork chapter and took up residence there in 1512 for the last 40 years of his life, where he wrote his great work De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium.
In the 17th century Frombork was occupied by Swedes. After the first partition of Poland (1772), Frombork fell under Prussian rule and remained so till 1945. The major part of the town were destroyed during the last war.
At present Frombork is a small municipal settlement with population of about 2680. During the summer there are frequent ferry service with Krynica Morska, Tolkmicko and Elbląg. The town is connected to the general railway system.
After the Second World War, the old harbour has been rebuilt and modernised as a small port serving mainly for fishing boats. The harbour basin has three quays: Eastern 125m long, Western 71m long and Southern 28m long. Fishing boats moor at Eastern Quay. There are workshops and a fish warehouse indicating this basin purpose. The part of the quay which creates the entry to the harbour has mooring posts for passenger vessels and yachts (presently not in use, because of their bad condition).
Frombork serviced tourist traffic. 52,557 passengers took trips on board ships of the "white fleet" in 1996 (1,371 ship visits) to/from Frombork.
Mooring posts for fishing boats and yachts are situated on Western Quay. Harbour of Frombork is the only one sea border crossing on Vistula Lagoon. Yachts and passenger traffic are going to Russian harbours through Piława's strait right to Gulf of Gdańsk.

 
© LINK S.J. 1993 - 2019 info@maritime.com.pl